Y’all will find the answers following each question about my blog published below. You can either join or just hop around and visit. This is the 5th time that Go Pet Friendly has organized this blog hop to share our thoughts, dreams, hopes and ideas.
And now, without further ado, here are the questions for Pet Blogger Challenge 2015:
1. How long have you been blogging?
The BlogSpot blog started in May 2009. Please note, the original Journal is no longer active.
2. Tell us one thing that you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud.
Finding out how many of the dogs I featured on Tuesday’s Tales blog hop for shelter dogs had found happy forever homes.
Last year I said “I guess that I’m most proud that I have continued to dedicate one day each week to Rescue dogs in need. I’ve switched the day I feature them to Tuesday so I can participate in “Tuesday’s Tales…a blog hop to promote shelter pets.”
3. What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own blogs?
Being a dog, I’m more comfortable with body language. I tend to use more and more photos in my posts. I have so much to say, but it’s hard to put into words. Not sure you humans prefer the photos because my all time favorite posts are from earlier years.
4. What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?
Other than joining in blog hops that fit my life style, I don’t worry about traffic. Remember, the whole thing started as my personal journal. I keep my blog for fun and to entertain; after all, this is my diary and my moments I’m sharing.
5. What was your most popular blog post this year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular?
Actually, it was this post, last year. BOL!
6. What was your favorite blog post to write this year?
You’re askin’ a tough one here. It’s always the last post I did.
7. Has your policy on product reviews and/or giveaways changed this year?
No, it hasn’t.
If you do reviews, what do you find works best, and what doesn’t work at all?
When I get something I really like, I tell my readers. It is normally something my Human purchased for me. I’ve only reviewed one item that was sent to me by a company whose products I have always used.
If you don’t do reviews, is this something you’d like to do more of? What hurdle is getting in your way?
Since this blog is my diary, if an item isn’t something I need or use, I never review it. I never solicit companies to review items.
8. What’s your best piece of advice for other bloggers?
If blogging stops being fun, stop blogging.
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2015?
My goal is to keep sharing my life as a retriever who is a family pet. So many active, working breeds are pets, but people never understand or satisfy their drive to work. You can have so much fun with a working breed, but first you have to be understand its drive and be willing to be very active yourself.
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
I’d like to know why you like to visit my blog and what you’d like to see on future posts.