Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What I've been "up to" lately.

Hi Y'all!

I hope y'all had a very Merry Christmas!!! and are looking forward to a very Happy New Year!!!

I had a very strange holiday season. My Humans wanted to redo the bathrooms in the mountain house, so the week before Christmas workmen swarmed over the house making dust and mess. They did a good job of cleaning up after themselves, though. Momma wanted me to stay out of the way, but those fellows were six new sets of hands to pat me!!! She kept telling me to "go lay down". What a kill joy!!!

Papa fussed because Momma didn't decorate. She said we were spending Christmas at the shore and there was enough confusion without tearing things up more to get the decorations and put them up.

The work was finished Saturday and we left for the shore on Sunday. I was so happy to be here because of all the romping and playing I can do.


Just before we left Momma fell on her backside on the ice while taking a short walk in the yard with me. It was hard for me to get around too.

We had a relaxing week with the family here. Christmas morning we spent all morning making calls to the family we had left behind in the mountains. They were getting a white Christmas,
which ended up being at least 20 inches at our house there. This is the first time in my lifetime that we've missed Christmas in the mountains.

Then, after we got here to the shore Momma's computer went on the blink and stopped talking to the modem...so she decided to use mine, her old one. A man is supposed to come tomorrow and fix Momma's computer...

More later. Stay tuned!

Hawk aka BrownDog



5 comments:

  1. I love these pictures, especially the second one!!

    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys had a great holiday even though you weren't in the mountains

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuck at the beach like us when there is wonderful SNOW to be played in. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you had a great day but i am sure next christmas you will go to the mountains.

    Chewy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers, that's a lot of snow. It's too bad you missed out on it, but I am sure your parents were happy to be far away on the shore.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete