Monday, April 21, 2014

Rectalgia

 

 

Hi Y’all!

 

P1340292

There was more than a little mischief in my life last week, let me tell you!

 P1190536

 

Tuesday morning the Humans were up and ready to leave before dawn had caressed the horizon.  It was 68 Fahrenheit before sunrise. 

 

P1190538

 

 

The farther west we headed the lower the temperature fell.  The foliage was in earlier stages.  Redbuds, daffodils and forsythias were blooming instead of azaleas and wisteria.

P1340725

 

As we climbed higher and higher the flowers became fewer and the leaves almost invisible.  Then the rain started. 

 

P1190543

 

 

 

 

Finally we arrived and the rain changed to snow.  My Humans weren’t wearing coats, so they were happy to get in the house.

P1340700

 

P1340701

 

The next few days were cold but beautiful.  I was relaxing and enjoying life while my Humans were busy traveling to meetings. 

 

P1340703

I overheard the Humans discussing taking me back to the vet for a follow up…hmmm…

 

P1340709

So Friday morning we all got into the car and headed off.  The Humans had a business meeting first, so I had to wait in the car.  P1340740

 

 

This vet thing is always “a pain in the butt”.  I was left there, in the car to wait, and to agonize over the upcoming visit.

 

P1340720

 

And there, my friends, is the answer to the meaning of “rectalgia”. That is the A to Z Challenge word for the letter “r”, “a pain in the butt”.

But to find out what the vet said to me you’ll have to come back Friday.

 

 

P1340728

P1340702

Y’all hurry back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

13 comments:

  1. Rectalgia is certainly a new one for us Hawk. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Hawk! I hope you have good news to share on Friday! What a beautiful woods you are walking in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hawk...BOL! We had a feeling that rectalgia meant pain in the butt (thermometer, anyone) but we were hoping we were wrong.
    *high paws*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOO, rain and snow! I want to be done with them.

    That is a pain in the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a great word to describe what we feel when it come to a vet-visit. I hope all goes well. btw: I thought bumper-toys like yours are long-lasting, but I saw yours is chewed too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the vet had nothing but good news for you Hawk - you're sure looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the vet said you are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well that was just one big tease! Hope all is well and look forward to hearing the rest! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great word that I didn't know what it meant. Snow...really??? I hope all went well at the vet for you, thinking of you. Have a nice night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another post, another word to learn haha! Love it! Hope everything went ok at the vet, we will be here to find out!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The change in the weather was crazy. Sorry you had to go the vet, but I hope you got good news there!

    ReplyDelete