Friday, July 26, 2013

Follow Up Friday with Fitness!

 

Hi Y’all!

 

P1230411

It’s once more time to answer your questions and wrap up the week.

 

P1230489

As you can see, despite the heat, humidity and heavy rains here in the southeastern mountains, I manage to get my exercise! 

Flea wanted to know if I saw any Canada Geese on last Friday’s “follow up”. 

P1230286

Seems as if they all stayed down in the low country.  At least the Canada Geese who decided not to migrate back to the north country stayed in the low country.

About “Sunday”, Sugar asks and Molly wants to know what is in my mouth?

Dog is God in Reverse and Following Roy were both wonderin’ what I was playin’ with.

 

P1230445

That’s my mountain toy, the Wubba!

About “Monday Mischief Free” Pooch Smooches asks “what if you promise to just walk after it?”  And Oz says he can’t believe that no one will throw my Wubba, not even one time?

 

P1230407

 First, if I promised to walk after it, my Human would NEVER believe me…I never walk anywhere unless I’m on a leash or practicing obedience moves. 

Oz, by the way, is still in need of our support for the Funniest Blog Pettie.

 

P1230408

 

About “Practice Makes Perfect” Molly wants to know if I’m playing statues.  Goose asks how long I have to hold it?

 

P1230252

Playing statues is sort of what a “stand, stay” is. 

As for how long I have to hold my Wubba or sometimes a bumper…it depends on the Human.

P1230334 It used to be only a few minutes and the Human would stay close and take it from me.  Now she walks away, sometimes all the way around me a couple of times and I have to just stand there.  If I drop the item we start all over again. 

P1230373

 It’s hard to stay fit and cool both.  Be smart and stay hydrated but don’t drink too much too fast. 

P1230375

 

My Human spent lots of time teaching me to drink on command.  She limits my water intake before and after exercise.  P1230374She also limits my exercise before and after meals. 

So, take care and play safe. 

P1230379

Y’all come back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Were important advice about not drinking to much to fast. I think we forget that part when trying to keep hydrated.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree it is very impawtant not too drink or eat too much. We have a bit cooler weather here so we are enjoying the park. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have issues of drinking, Golden Thanks for the reminder. I've lost my Wubba and do miss it. Happy Friday. Have a pawsome Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Staying hydrated is excellent fitness advice Hawk! Your mom is smart to work on that with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drink on command would be such a great thing to teach them! I can get most of our dogs to pee on command which is useful, but the drinking is a great idea. Thanks for all the great pictures Hawk - looking really good! Thanks for joining our Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your wubba, and I like your game of statues. I wonder if I can teach my duck, Jimmy, how to play statues. He never stands still.
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining the blog hop Hawk. Great FUF.

    Yes, it's a fine line exercising, hydrating and eating but it sounds like your human has a good handle on it. But my question is, do you only drink when she tells you to?

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Hawk...my Ma taught me to drink on command too?! I never knew why but maybe it's for the same reason as you?!? Thank you for the Pettie plug...that was so very nice of you.

    I hope you have a fantastic weekend, my pal. Have fun and stay cool!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are managing to get your exercise in the heat Hawk! We are going to have a cool weekend. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great FUF! Your such a ham, way to get your exercise in during the heat. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete