Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday, Fun and Follow Up

 

Hi Y’all!

P1220767

Little Molly just can’t “let go”! 

Remember the BIG tennis ball?  Of course y’all do!

P1220405

Kari in Alaska wanted to know if that is a giant tennis ball or did I shrink?

I answered that it was kind of hard to tell from the picture…

P1220407

Molly wants to know “did I shrink?” 

Since I still fill my crate or my bed, I guess I didn’t. 

JoAnn Stancer wanted to know if there was a white bird up in the tree…in Sunrise, Sunset.

 

 

P1220893

I think the above picture is where JoAnn is seeing the white…If so, the white in this case is the flower on the Crape Myrtle.  This is the slow blooming side…When the Human downloads the pictures from her camera, she has what they look like in other areas of the garden. 

 

 

 

We do get white birds in the trees…Egrets like to sit in trees, especially when large groups get together in late winter.  

Sugar wants to know if I am standing in mud on Sunday is Special.

P1220492

Sort of.  The water is rising from the heavy rains here and to our west.  The rivers are coming out of their banks.  My path is flooding.  It is like a tiny barrier island separating the river from the wet land. 

P1220508

 

 

 

 

P1220509

It doesn’t really get muddy ‘cause it’s mostly sand. 

 

JoAnn Stancer from Sand Springs Chesapeakes wanted to know what made Sundays special to me…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I guess what I’m trying to tell you is that my Humans always try to make Sundays special…and they include me!

 

About Monday’s Mindful Mischief, Goose asked if my Human doesn’t like getting her feet wet?

 

P1220497

Not when she’s wearing her running shoes.  She never wants to get them wet. 

Oz wants to know if the lake over flowed. 

P1210790

Technically we are on a minor river that feeds the lake that is fed by several major rivers.  The dam lets the water out into another river that takes it to the inland waterway and then the ocean. 

P1210799

The problem is that after several years of severe drought we are now getting inches and inches, 7 inches so far between July 1 and 3 alone.  If they let the water out too fast the towns down river will flood.  The other rivers come from the west and the north. 

I hope y’all in the U.S.A. enjoyed our countries birthday and had a fun and safe celebration!

P1210791

 

Stay tuned and I’ll tell y’all about my 4th of July.

Y’all come back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Love the giant tennis ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure do like your Sundays, Hawk! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great FUF Hawk. Thanks for answering my question about the look alike bird in the photo. It sure looked like a bird. I'm so glad your Sundays are special. Any day spent with my chessies is a special day to. I loved all the photos for your special sunday. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy FUN Friday follow-up. For sure you'll have more FUN this weekend. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  5. We hope you had a great 4th July and look forward to hearing about it. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to the details of the 4th fun. Have a great weekend!
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure live in a beautiful area! I love how you have your ball with you in most of the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining the blog hop Hawk, as always you did a fabulous job with fantastic photos. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wooof-hooo! GREAT photos today, Hawk. Loved the egret photos...we get those here too. They are such elegant birdies. You have a terrierific weekend, now...you hear?
    *high paw*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Sundays look like they are jam packed with fun! Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like it will be a fun weekend

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow busy but looks like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete