Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nice to Meet Y’all!


Hi Y’all,
We have some new followers who don’t know much about me.  I thought it would be fun to join in the “meet an’ greet” and tell y’all a little about myself.
First, I am a Chesapeake Bay Retriever.  We love to work.  Any job will do.  We love to retrieve…if you don’t give us a job and things to carry, we’ll find something. 
Second, I was originally just keeping a journal for family and close friends, but it has evolved into more as new, unrelated readers joined and started asking me questions. 
Third, I spend my time in the southeastern USA.  In the summer we escape the heat  by adjourning to the mountains.
Fourth, I live indoors with my Humans.  When they are outside, I usually am too.  I’m never outside alone. 
Humans are very confusing to us.  I try to point out how to communicate better with us.
We retrievers want to be helpful to humans.  I’ll show you some things I do to help my humans.
I recently finished a series on the difficulty getting my allergies under control.
I also did a series on learning to respond to a whistle from a distance. 
I recently passed my 5th birthday.  Sigh…
I promised to show y’all some of the things we saw Sunday, so here’s one.
Stay tuned for more pictures
In the mean-time why not join in this Blog Hop? It runs through May 6th, so you still have plenty of time to join.  If you don’t have a blog, just click around and meet everyone.  Leave us comments if you want.  If your profile is public we’ll try to contact you back.  If you have a blog, we’ll try to visit if we aren’t already following. 
  1. Grab a Meet and Greet Party badge for your post from our right sidebar.
  2. Write a quick post introducing yourself and your site…like you would make introductions at a party! Include your social media links, too!
  3. Come back to this post and leave your post URL and the URLs of your social media pages in the linky below (click on the “Click Here to Enter” link below the linky. If you are hosted on a free WordPress account and can’t use Javascript, click here for an alternate linky code.). Each link counts as an entry in DogTipper’s giveaway! (click here for more info)
  4. Grab the linky code (just click on “Get the Code Here” below the linky).
  5. Mingle, mingle time! Start party hopping and say hi to others at the party!
 
 








3 comments:

  1. Stopping by to sniff you out from the blog hop! So nice to meet you. RETRIEVER'S ROCK!!

    AROOOF!
    Boondocks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawk, you look like you're getting ready to take that golf cart for a joy ride ... perhaps a new part-time job?!

    -Chandra at Daley's Dog Years

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hawk,
    You look like a very cool dude. Thanks for the invite to check you out. I see Boondocks has dropped by too. He is such a cute pup. I know this cause he looks like I did when I was his age.

    I am excited to keep in your life through your blog too.

    You like water....don't ya.....I can tell.

    Later
    Bert

    ReplyDelete