Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sunday’s Sights


Hi Y’all,
I promised to show y’all some of the sights from Sunday.
First, I’ll share the saucer magnolia buds and flowers.  These beautiful trees, most stately and old, are blooming here in the southeast.  Unlike the tulip magnolia the flowers are white and get huge, like a dinner plate.  The entire tree does not bloom at once. 
The tree in our yard suffered storm damage a couple of years ago, so it’s half a tree.

This flower hasn’t yet fully opened.  It opened yesterday, but no one got a picture.  I’ll have to show you what it looks like fully opened at another time.
Next let me share a picture of a chicken with you.


This chicken is commonly called a pond chicken or mud hen. 

Snapping turtles are common.

I am celebrating the 30th anniversary of National Pet Week (May 1-7)
Hope y’all enjoyed sharing my day.
Y’all come back now.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful pictures, Hawk! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have such beautiful pictures to share, Hawk. maybe your humans can come and take pictures where I live :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such Awesome picutures. Maybe your human should have a coffee table book or a gallery showing. I'd like the book idea, I don't know if they let snorkies in the gallery.

    Your Pal,
    Opie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooohhhh, Hawk! Your pond and your chicken and your turtles are so wonderful! thank you for sharing them! (PS - I like Opie's idea!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was confused by the term "chicken" because it sure looked like a duck to me. I didn't know there was a "duck" referred to as a pond chicken. I like it's orange beak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I especially like the last one of Hawk. Those snapping turtles look quite comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the pics! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The saucers magnolias are gorgeous - I had no idea there was a bigger variety. I'd love to see a photo of one fully opened, Hawk.

    Great photos - I really got a kick out of the snapping turtles! Thanks for sharing!

    -Chandra at Daley's Dog Years

    ReplyDelete