Monday, February 23, 2015

Dog Park Mischief

 

 

Hi Y’all!

 

P1490257

 

Once more let’s join  Alfie’s Blog, Snoopy’s Dog Blog and My Brown Newfies  for some fun!

 

P1490175

 

As y’all know, my Humans found a wonderful dog park for me to visit while we were on vacation.  I’d never been to a dog park before.  It was lot’s of fun! 

 

P1480751

 

There were a number of comments about dog parks.

 

P1480741

haopee remarked…

“Hey Hawkie! Ugh! We are so jealous. We don't have dog parks here... so Chooey's doing her own exercise barking and running back and forth... I really need to get out of the house. LOL”

 

Mark Muller said…  

“oh that was great to see how much fun you had together. I wish we had dog parks too, where I could meet some friends... and maybe even a girlfriend :o)
easy weimaraner”

 

M. K. Clinton wished…  

“We would love to have a dog park to let Bentley and Pierre visit. It looks like fun.”

 

P1480753

 

We don’t have dog parks where I live either.  We found that one by going more than 300 miles north and then headin’ east another 100 miles. 

So, if you travel far enough from home, perhaps you can find a dog park too!

 

 

P1490176

 

Now for the mischief…

 

P1480815

 

If you read the “rules”, twice it says “no choke collars”.  My Human left my training collar on at first.

P1480851

 

Why?  I have to admit, it was ‘cause of me.  I’ve knocked her down a couple of times. 

P1490153

 

As soon as she was certain that I would listen to her and that the other dogs were well socialized, she removed it.  No one said anything to her about my training collar.

 P1490054

If we ever get to visit another dog park, I’m sure she’ll be more comfortable with my obedience while in the heat of play.

 

P1480913

 

There was one dog who jumped on my back when I entered the off leash area.  He held on to me for dear life, his nails digging into me.  My Human grabbed my collar ‘cause I don’t like other dogs on my back, especially now that I’m older.  The other dog’s owner promptly came to the rescue and took his dog home. 

 

P1490174

 

Y’all come on back!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

14 comments:

  1. We do love a good lark in the park Hawk. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had a dog on your back? ... lol... but that's better than a monkey, right?
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Easy,

      Have to think about that monkey...I could race around with him on my back like a horse! or not. Maybe just roll on the ground and knock him off!

      Y'all come on by,
      Hawk aka BrownDog

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, we have several dog parks by our house, Hawk but we rarely go. The people here refuse to follow the rules...they don't pick up their dog's poop and even if their dogs are not well socialized, they still bring them and they cause all kinds of trouble. It's a shame really because I do like to meet new dogs...in a safe environment.
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Oz!

      That's so sad that people are so inconsiderate. Guess I was lucky that my first dog part had such nice people and the other dogs were all so friendly and welcoming.

      Y'all come back,
      Hawk aka BrownDog

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's a huge park!

    We've never been to a dog park. Elka has had about 4 total good interactions with other dogs, and really, I've just worked on training her to ignore them when we're out walking. Turning her loose and expecting her to just know how to play okay would be irresponsible of me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good size park, perfect for you to run around in Hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dog parks by me aren't big enough to bother with, plus Wilson has no interest and Jimmy would be more than happy to pick a fight. My dream would be like a 100 acre fenced park where you could be away from the other dogs and just run!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Their rules are much more stringent than ours. But it sounds like that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a few dog parks near us but they're very small. Sometimes we have a good time, but sometimes there are humans who don't watch their dogs when they misbehave and don't pick up after them. That's when we leave.

    --Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you behaved yourself and your mom can take off the training collar. You are such a good boy. Did it feel like you had a monkey on your back when that dog was on it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well that definitely sounds like an interesting dog park trip! haha!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're glad that you found a nice dog park, where people follow the rules (we've heard that's not always the case too). We've never been to one either, but they are building one in the next town over from us soon. We're not sure if we'll go or not. We might try it and see how it is. Since we have three dogs, we don't feel like we need it as much, but it still might be fun for them to meet some new friends.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job on being a good boy at the park. The rules would make me stay away. Our dogs wear training collars to come and go so we would need to have them "on the premises" even if they are in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete