Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday’s Q & A Time!

 

Hi Y’all!

It’s that time of the week again…but y’all didn’t have too many questions this week.  One question was voiced by Alison from Pawfectdays  and by Freddie and Gloria from Basset Momma.  The question: “Did the woodpeckers do that,” “make those holes in the trees?” 

Pileated Woodpeckers are plentiful in the woods and, being big birds, they easily excavate large cavities in search of ants.  The Pileated are crow sized birds.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

 

The picture is from “Learn Outdoor Photography” by Scott Simmons. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Goose, forever the comedian, wanted to know if those condos are rent controlled.  BOL!!!  That’s funny, Goose!  Just in case any of my readers are feathered and looking for housing, no those condos aren’t rent controlled. Winking smile  Be sure to check out the Gospel According to Goose on Sunday…it might be pretty humorous and loads of fun!  Or maybe that “fun” part is everyday! 

My pal Snoopy, check out his blog, asks if this is one of those “half sits” where you pretend to sit, then move on…It didn’t work for him.  Sorry to hear that Snoopy

 

And Haopee from My Dogs Love Me wanted to know how my Human taught me to half sit…and I’m sorry to report neither Haopee or the pack will be able to see this since their laptop is dead. 

When I saw this picture I was thinking of Storm of 2browndawgs.  Poor Storm never likes to put the bottom all the way down…she’s so anxious to be after the next drop.  I wasn’t really half sitting, I was just slow sitting and my Human caught it on camera.  Sad smile

I’ve gotta go now!

Y’all come back now!

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Love your Q & A on fridays :-) And that half sit still makes me grin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Q&A again! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Q & A! Those Pileated Woodpeckers are huge! Well, they're kind of ugly too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Q & A. My oh my! Those are some rather big Woodpeckers. I used to see/hear them all the time where I used to live, but not so much where we are now. Thanks for sharing Hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful woodpecker--they are such incredible birdies. The half sit is a good trick, esp. for the impulsive dogs who never like to rest! I think I've seen a few of those around here...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you do a Q and A Friday, I'll have to ask a question sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Storm does those slow sits too Hawk. Slow sits, no sits...Storm is her own doggie. I am sure your obedience is much better than hers. :)

    Great Q&A. We have a lot of Pileated Woodpeckers at our cabin. We have to make sure that we have suet out so they don't peck the outside of our cabin looking for bugs.

    ReplyDelete