Thursday, May 31, 2012

Joshua

 

Hi! 

My name is Joshua

Once I had a family, but hard times came and they turned me into the animal shelter…we call it jail.  I had a big tumor and couldn’t hide it.  Lots of dogs had tumors and they were getting euthanized…such a big word for such an awful thing.  I needed a miracle!

My first miracle was that Walk by Faith Ministry wanted to take me!  but they were hours away.  The second miracle was that a two seat private plane with some generous pilots flew me to Hilton Head on the coast of South Carolina to the Ministry!

A newspaper published an article about mommy.  The next day when she took me to the vet we met a couple who had read the article.  After learning about me from her they volunteered to PAY for my surgery!!!

It took me two months to recover from the surgery, along with my opening the wound again…but now I’m all well!  I don’t have cancer. 

I still have some small tumors and my big one has grown back a wee bit.  But my vet says I need to be monitored and stay on my medicine and I’ll be fine. 

Do you have lots of love?  Would you share with me?  I have lots of love to give you!  I don’t need a whole bedroom, I just need you to appreciate how special and loving I am.  I plan on enjoying every day for the rest of my life and I’d love to share it with some special. 

Joshua

Contact me at: Walk by Faith Ministry, Bluffton, SC

Telephone: 843-338-2219   Email: love@walkbyfaithministry.com

 

 

 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Chum , that is such a lovely story , what wonderful people that came into your life. Much love from your pal! I'm a rescue too so I get it.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a story! I hope someone comes forward with a forever home for this great pup soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, another beauty in need of a home. :( Going to share on Twitter and FB now. Thanks for featuring this beautiful boy. I hope he finds that forever home very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joshua. Don't worry, I feel you'll be getting that good home soon enough. Might I suggest a home remedy for those ever growing tumors... it's probably a long shot but a shot it still is. If your family could add a tbsp of turmeric in your food bowl once a day, I bet those tumors wouldn't grow as big.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    FBed and Tweeted Joshua's story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At a time when for me there's not a lot of good news, it's so good to finally have a good story that I know will have a happy ending!! It's always heartwarming when someone is so generous and makes a difference like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Hawk, this is great.....I came over to your site and was not kicked out at all.

    I was getting so frustrated to tell your human, "A Big THank You" for all her hard work from Me and My Vickie.

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by our blog! We sure hope the right person or family reads this and gives Joshua a forever home!

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Joshua! I sure hope you find your loving forever home. :)

    ReplyDelete