Friday, May 18, 2012

Q & A Friday

 

Hi Y’all!

It’s that time of week again when I try to answer questions. 

The boys, Henry and Zachary over at BZ Training asked if I’d ever tried a “snugga wubba”  from Kong.   KONG Snugga Wubba Dog ToysNo y’all, I haven’t but I’m going to ask my Human to get me one.  It’s soft with no squeaker so you can play in the house.  Sounds good for a rainy day doesn’t it? 

My Human is careful to get me really tough toys and not let me have them without supervision, ‘cause I tend to chew on them if not doing retrieves.  From what I’ve heard about it, if your dog is a hard chewer, either supervise them or choose a different toy.  I can chew huge hunks out of the black kong to get to goodies, so I know why my Human watches me and doesn’t leave me alone with toys. 

Alison with Zoe at Pawfect Days asked what I am training for…the Human is always training me.  I’m a retriever.  Since my Human Papa no longer hunts, my Human mama makes sure my skills are practiced regularly so I can help her with her bird photography…you see she hunts birds with a camera instead of a gun.  Although I don’t get to retrieve the birds, I do get to retrieve bumpers and, for fun, balls and Frisbees.

Above I’m watching some birds come in for a landing.

Below I am using the recall I train on a few time every day. Below I’m in recall mode at one of the family farms .

All that daily training stands me in good stead when it isn’t too hot and I get to go on trips.

Tomorrow I’ll show you some of the other chores as well as  privileges I earn with my training. 

Haopee over at My Dogs Love Me asked me if I got treats to look so happy on the Mother’s Day picture. 

Sorry, y’all, no treats.  I was just looking into my Human’s eyes and hamming it up for the camera!

Haopee at My Dogs Love Me also asked if Mr. Wubba didn’t stay in the mountains.  Yes he does and the new  Mr. Wubba will too.  So if you see me with the Kong Wubba I’m in the mountains, even if you can’t tell.  The shore is very flat and lots of times there is water in the background.  The picture above of me watching the birds was taken at the shore. 

Y’all come back now!

 

 

8 comments:

  1. If you want to know what is inside the Snugga-Wubba, just ask Jack. He's destroyed about 10 of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very informative! Our old dog chewed a whole right through the drywall and mama had to hire a guy to come and fix it before Daddy got home! He had to paint and everything! Shiva was in BIG trouble. Then mama started buying Shiva rawhide for her chewing addiction!! She even started on the couch...yikes!!!! Love that last picture Hawk!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love your Q and A Fridays! I love that my questions are always featured.

    A new Mr. Wubba? But why? Did something happen to the old Mr. Wubba?

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Q & A. I just love that picture of you looking up into your Momma's eyes! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good answers, Hawk! Now I know why I never get stuffies to play with....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Q&A Hawk. Your humans are right though, training is really never done for the retriever breeds. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, Hawk! Thanks for visiting us, and for your nice comment. :)

    We really enjoyed your Q and A!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can chew chunks out of the black kongs? We can't even do that unless they are old and starting to dry out. That is impressive chewing Hawk!

    the brown dawgs

    ReplyDelete