Saturday, May 19, 2012

What Are You Training For, Hawk?

 

Hi Y’all!

If y’all remember, yesterday Alison and Zoe over at Pawfect Days asked me what I was training for.  I gave y’all a few answers, but promised tomorrow I’ll show you some of the other chores as well as  privileges I earn with my training.  It’s tomorrow…so lets go check out some things about my training and things I get to do.

Below my Human uses a check cord to train me to return water retrieves.  See when I came to live with her and Papa I thought the name of the game was “keep away”. 

Doing a water retrieve after graduating from the check cord.

 

Here I am playing with my football under supervision.

Helping to carry a box for my Human.

This confangled box is difficult to maneuver.

At the shore struggling with the mail.

Bringing in the mail.

Carrying the basket to get fruit and potatoes out of the cold cellar.

Practicing recall on a lonely stretch by the river.

On a hike

I'm havin' a great time!

When I graduated from obedience school I got a toy and didn’t even get yelled at for skidding the rug.

My reward when I graduated to Advanced!!!  Teacher gave a toy to each one of us.  You can see from the rugs I've been having a high ol' time!!! Momma just laughs.

Here I am at the shore learning handled retrieves.  If you look closely you’ll see the short check cord I was still wearing.

Back for the second bumper.

Tracking live birds.

Waiting in a sit stay while my Human gets her bird pictures.

Watchin’ while my Human takes a photo of a bird.

The bird.

Until I could be trusted not to chew on stuff or empty trash cans I was in my crate when not supervised.  It became my favorite place.  I still spend lots of time there because if I go in there no one disturbs me. 

And now I’ll leave you with a couple more reasons for my constant training.  These gators share my waters and my yard at the shore.

My Human took this picture right behind where our boat is docked beside the shore house.

Y’all come back now!

 

 

 

14 comments:

  1. YOU are such a good boy, Hawk!! Nice to see you working!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should come on over and train Barley Bambino Boo. He is only 1 and a half and still needs lots of help in the training department. I really love the pic of you sitting on the dock. It sure is green where you live, and you sure are a very good looking pup. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure get to do a lot of fun things with your training Hawk. That gator is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure do a lot of helping out with all that training, Hawk! Good job your trained so well with those gators around! They give me the shivers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved learning more about your training, Hawk. Great photos, too! If Jeffie ever needs some help with mailman chores, I know who to call ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are one smart doggie hawk...your humans are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeek! I didn't know you lived with alligators Hawk! Yes. A good sit and come is a must in your neck of the woods. I was very impressed with all your skills. I think you need to come to MN an teach Jasper a thing or two!

    Loved the pictures, especially the one on the dock. The very first dog I feel in love with at the animal shelter (where I volunteered) was a Chessie named Sailor. He looked a lot like you Hawk. He was an awesome dog and I despaired that he would never get adopted, but he did. By the vet tech who worked there. I got to see him all of the time.
    You Chessies are awesome dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really are a good boy, and a very, very busy one at that!

    I hope you're enjoying your weekend and getting some rest too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one amazing guy. Your obedience sends shudders down our spines, we dont want mom thinking we can be that good! (The basket photo is the cutest thing ever!)

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Hawk, Jet here.

    Dude, you rock! You are like the ultimate trained K9... fun, helpful and active...

    I think you should apply to my Scooby Doo Academy as a professor!

    Oh, Mom asked me to share that your pics today show off your handsomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hawk, you are such a good boy! I bet you love learning new things from your human.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job, Hawk! See what being a good boy gets you? Lots of privileges!

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at all the things you're learning! Way to go, Hawk.

    ReplyDelete