Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Sterling Example of a Senior

 

 

Breed: Chesapeake Bay and Labrador Retriever

Age: 8+ year old

Gender: male

Weight:  75 pounds

Came to the shelter: 10/25/14

Sterling

Hello, my name is Sterling. I’m friendly. I’m affectionate.  I’m eager to please. I’m house trained.  I’m easy to walk on a leash. 

I realize it takes a special person to adopt an older dog.  I sure hope that special person finds me, and soon!

Listen, I’ve got a lot of good years left to be your best friend, a wonderful companion! I promise to be a great addition to your family.

As part this shelter’s senior dog discount program, you pay for my dog license ( if you live in Mendocino County) and  you decide the rest of the fees.

sterling_inside

 

Shelter hours:
Wednesday: 10-7
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday: 10-5
Sundays Monday and holidays: CLOSED
Adoptions must begin 1/2 hours before closing.

Mendocino County Animal Care Services

298 Plant Road

Ukiah, California 95482

 

(all information and photos of Sterling are courtesy of Petfinder.com and Mendocino County Animal Care Services)

 

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Sterling looks like a beautiful dog! We sure hope he finds his furever home soon!! xo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to Sterling. Hope things work out for such a sweet dog. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sterling I hope so much for a new home for you, I will share this post, maybe the one who loves you will see it and you can celebrate christmas with your new furever furmily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post. Hope he finds a great home. How does a nice fellow like him end up at a shelter, it is a crime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful boy with lots of years left to love. Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Sterling find a new home soon! He does have many more years of fun and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sterling is a handsome guy. I hope he finds a home soon. The idea of a senior discount is a great, I'll have to mention that to my group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello to you handsome Hawk and your buddy Sterling! Thank you for your visit today. We are sure Sterling will find a home very soon. He appears to be quite the gentleman too
    Hugs
    Madi your new feline friend





    ReplyDelete
  9. Handsome guy. Hope he finds a home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sterling is gorgeous! Hope he finds a home soon. Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharing Sterling. I have a soft spot for the Seniors.

    ReplyDelete