Thursday, November 13, 2014

Here’s Barkin’ at Y’all!

 

 

Hi Y’all!

 

P1450594

It’s TIME!!!  Once again it’s time for Thursday’s Barks and Bytes Blog Hop hosted by 2 Brown Dawgs and Heart Like a Dog.

P1450587

And time to join Ruckus the Eskie and Love is Being Owned by a Husky in Thoughtless Thursday.

 

P1450603

But, before I tell you what was in the box, let’s get to your barks!

 

P1450611

 

About  Fit Dog Friday’s post “Retrievers Retrieve”

haopee asks… 

“Is that a plastic penguin?!! I want one!”

P1450075

Sorry, no, it’s not a plastic penguin…it’s a Dokken Dead Fowl Trainer. It helps a retriever learn how to properly hold a bird.  It also helps us to learn not to shake a bird.  P1450073

 

Bird scent on it makes it even more realistic.

 P1450058

I don’t get to retrieve it all the time.  My Human uses it to keep me interested in following direction.

P1450057

Trainers, also called dummies,  float in water even when punctured. 

P1450607

About Black and White Sunday’s post…

Golden Woofs! SUGAR says… 

“Lovely! You guys got snow already??? Have a lovely Sunday. Golden Woofs”

sagechronicles queries… 

“That's a lot of snow! Are you up in the mountains?”

P1450409

nodogaboutit comments…  

“Oh wow! Love this photo! I guess this means you have snow huh? We're expecting 6-8 inches tonight. The weather people have said we could get as much as 10-14", but I refuse to believe them. :)”

Janet Keefe asks… 

“A snowbird! Up here we call them Slate-Colored Juncos. Are they the same species down there, Hawk? I think there is another type of Junco. I know you know your birds! :)
Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets”

P1450448

Yep. We arrived back here in the mountains in time for the big weather front that dumped 6 inches of snow at our elevation, closer to a foot above us.   

P1450405

 

P1450447

And yep, they’re Slate-Colored Juncos here too.

P1450456

And, as y’all can see, the snow disappeared the next day. 

P1450484

Mischief Monday’s Post

Talent Hounds   

“Oh no what's one to do with no interweb!?”

P1430713

  (Above is a mountain sunrise)

Well, I slept.  We went hikin’.  My Human did chores that she’d been puttin’ off…

And now it seems y’all want to know…

 

Janet Keefe   

“That is way worse mischief than anything you could ever do, Hawk.
Oooh...Chewy....you better get into that box!
Jan & the crew at Wag 'n Woof Pets”

 

JoAnn Stance

“No internet or phone sucks! You sure do have some beautiful fall pictures thou. Can't wait to see what goodness you got in the chewy box. Glad your back.”

P1450608

 

P1450609

 

P1450613

 

P1450614

The Buddy Biscuits above are small, soft ginger bread men.  My Human got the box below from one of the markets where she shops.  They are hard like milk bones.  When she saw the soft ones she ordered them for me. 

 

P1450617

 

 

P1450615

The fruitables she learned about from 2browndawgs.

 

P1450616

The PawZ I learned about from Sugar. 

My orange coat…

P1450622

is light weight and fits close to my body.  Now I don’t have to worry about that deer stand we see in a neighbors woods.  My Human doesn’t worry that I’ll get hung up in on something in the woods.

P1450623

Y’all come on back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. Great catch up Hawk. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. your trainer looks interesting... and it even can swim when a dog (not me) makes some holes with his teeth? Think I want such a faux "Penguin" too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hawk, I'll tell you, we love those Buddy Biscuits...you lucky dog you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jawk, you just have so much fun, no matter the weather. And your mom takes such amazing photos!
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos, Hawk...and oh, Oh, OH! Fruitables are delicious! You are one lucky Brown Dog! It seems there is an "intruder" in the comments above me...you may want to delete him from your fabulous post!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not ready yet for snow, but they are saying we will be getting some tonight. :-( Your trees looked so pretty with the snow around them.

    Thank you for joining the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great wrap up we haven't been around much with mom traveling and her mom passing away. Really liked to see you indoors for a change too! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I just love your jacket!!! Looks great on you Hawk!
    Thanks for linking up with us!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great wrap-up of your happenings! We LOVE Fruitables. It looks like you have lots of treats for being such a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you like the Fruitables! Brown dawgs sure did. We are reviewing that vest on the blog today! Thanks so much for joining the Barks and Bytes hop!

    ReplyDelete