Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday Morning Headlines

 

Hi Y’all!

Well, (deep subject) finally, we were off!  Yes!  Little did we know how things were going to go.

 

 

We stopped at this rest stop to let me stretch my legs…we didn’t know people were tryin’ to reach us.  My Human Papa had drowned his cell phone and my Human Momma, typically, didn’t have hers turned on.  No one evidently remembered the number for the car. 

I read my mail.  Nothing urgent there either.  Below, I’m walkin’ my Human around to get her some exercise.  All you obedience people, notice I’m only wearing a leather collar and a loose leather lead. Open-mouthed smile

Still no news. 

 

Finally, we arrived and I checked out all the scents, including the floral…

Still no urgent news…

Check between the rocks.

Look inside the flowers.

Absolutely nothing…

 

 

Then my Papa made a phone call…Then my Humans changed clothes and left me…and then they came home smelling like my friends and late for my dinner too…Then Saturday, they were gone most of the afternoon.  Gone again Sunday morning. 

It’s a good thing they keep their promises! 

 


16 comments:

  1. Where did they go Hawk? You are such a good boy not to pull your leash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome loose leash walking! :) You're being all mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is getting more and more mysterious. I can't wait to learn what the surprise is

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woof! Woof! LOVE walking without a collar too. Happy Wednesday. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE a mystery and you are right in the middle of one! I can feel the tension building, building, building.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh oh, drown cells are no good!

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's lots of talk about "urgency" in here. Hope all is well. :) The flowers, at least, are pretty.

    Jon Farleigh and Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hawk! It' looks like you get to have lots of fun. My Zephyr's best friend when he was a pup was a Chesapeake Bay Retriever. They had so much fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm... I'm left with some questions after this post. Keeping my paws crossed that everything is OK! :)

    Woofs & hugs <3,

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've befuddled and bamboozled me...what the heck is going on!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're such a good boy to be concerned for your humans, Hawk. Keep up the good obedience.

    Love,
    Amy, Swift, and Kool

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope this ends with you getting some pretty good eats, Hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAWK, we ar sitting on the edge of our carpet here!! What happened??

    -Gizmo, Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hawk, you sure know how to hold an audience captive!

    AROOOF!
    Boondocks & The Love Shack Pack

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm stayin' tuned!

    -Chandra at Daley's Dog Years

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much suspense... what's happening?

    Side note... I giggled (a lot) at your opening line. My dad always says "deep subject" whenever I start a sentence with "well." :)

    ReplyDelete