Friday, August 12, 2011

You’ve Got a Question?

 

Hi Y’all!

Kari in Vegas (here) asked if I’m afraid of thunder?  Actually, I’m not afraid of thunder, fireworks all around or gunshots near or far.  It’s just part of living in very rural areas.  It’s also a part of life for many retrievers. 

Melissa, over at Puppy Kisses (here) is having allergy problems.  Her dog Jada has an unusual problem with the pads of her feet having an allergic reaction.  It would appear the vet may be on the right track to treating the problem. 

The problem with allergies is that you usually have to be treated constantly.  It’s something the Humans learn to control, but it rarely eliminates all allergic reactions.  I still have reactions, so the Humans must remain diligent in prevention efforts and controlling outbreaks when they occur.

Melissa and Jada, I’m so glad you found us.  If you have any questions my Human or I can answer, feel free to comment or email me at browndogatlive.com

Thank you to all 24 paws for telling Melissa and Jada to visit me. 

Stella over at her own World (here) asks me if I’m completely zonked at night after our outings.  Oh yes, Stella.  Sometimes I even let my Human sleep for a whole extra half an hour! 

Stella also asks if it is a healthy life style for me.  My point was to keep the Humans exercised so they would stay fit and be able to keep up with me.  However, I guess the exercise works both ways and it’s keeping me fit and healthy too.

Stella’s final question is “who are your walking mates.”  I consider my mates my 2 Humans.  However, once in a while I meet someone on our walks or hikes.  In the end we usually all continue on our separate ways. 

Gizmo, Bart and Ruby (here) asks if I am near the Thundering Herd (here) when we’re here in the mountains.  This is difficult to answer.  We aren’t too far as the crow flies.  We are north up the mountain range from the Herd.  However, road miles we are about 90 miles.  Driving time can be an entirely different can of worms.  Literally.  It took the Humans half an hour to go down a 10 mile switch back mountain road the other day.  By the way, most roads are narrow with NO guard rails.  I won’t tell you how long it took  to return. 

Tomorrow I’ll tell y’all how I spent my day alone…and I think you’ll remember the fellow who kept me entertained part of the day. 

Y’all come back now!

 

9 comments:

  1. Good morning, Hawk.
    Those switch back roads can be a bit scary! :)
    PS: Thanks so much for following our "adventures." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawk it sounds like you have been very busy. Can't wait to hear about your day alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Absolutely love that photo of you zonked belly up, Hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for answering my question!

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right--exercising our hu-mans is part of our job. How else would we get to go to all those fun places?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the posts in which you answer questions. :) Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that the way everything is in these mountains - close as the crow flies but long as the car drives.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pic that illustrates "zonked" Hawk! Very cute. And a whole extra 30 minutes of sleep time for the humans - that's an excellent gift!

    -Chandra at Daley's Dog Years

    ReplyDelete
  9. I visited various web pages however the audio feature for audio songs current at this site is actually marvelous.
    my web site > j and j dog supplies

    ReplyDelete