Monday, June 9, 2014

WARNING!!! Rabbit! Rabbit! WARNING!!!

 

 

Hi Y’all!

 

P1360834

 

I want to issue a humble apology to all my Blogville friends…I had no idea when I posted on Fitness Friday that there was a disaster just waiting to happen.  But before I explain, let me say that today I’m joining Alfie’s Blog, Luna Dogs Life and My Brown Newfies.for some good fun and mischief…

 

P1360820

 

Before you go on, if rabbits set you off, just stop reading and go to the next blog in the hop, okay?

If you’re staying with me let me share the near disasters I caused with my post…

P1360816

 

Emma said...

“I have a request...can you post on top of a post like this something like caution wabbit and squirrel photos today? I almost killed the computer trying to catch whose wabbits! Now I am all worked up :) Have a fit Friday. I think I will go hunt wabbit on my walks...maybe a tree rat too!”

sagechronicles said...

“I hear you, Hawk, about the heat. No way can I go out in temps that hot--fortunately it's still in the 70's here. And I wear my cooling coat even at those temps--black fur isn't the best in hot weather.
I can't believe you threw in a squirrel near the end of your post. I was all ready to jump right thru Mom's 'puter after it”.

P1360821

As you can see I heeded the request to issue a warning!  I don’t want my friends to kill the computer!

P1360831

 

Then I had these suggestions about how these furry critters can survive the heat in the southeast…

SlimDoggy said...

“Lots of furry friends out your way Hawk. Maybe they don't get as hot because they are closer to the ground and the grass is cooler? Thanks for joining the Hop.”

Bailey said...

“It's their evil super powers that repel the heat.”

P1360890

 

P1360951

 

There might be something to being “close to the ground”.  My Human hasn’t been able to catch a photo, but we see birds feeding on the lawn go into the shade and lay flat on the ground with their wings spread and also resting on the ground.

 

P1360865

 

Oz theTerrier said...

“Hawk! I'll be right over! I LOVE to chase bunnies and you have so many! Can I come and chase them? Can I? Huh?
Oz”

P1360913

If your Mom will let you, come right on!

 

P1360802

 

001mum said...

“There are so many "buns" around in every garden,in every city. My dog thinks the little round gifts left in the grass were created jut for him. delicious!! a free snack!! How many can he eat in a nano second?? Our warm weather just started.FINALLY! No humidity today, just warm sun that is perfect for a dog resting in the garden.”

 

P1360806

 

Snakes and hawks make the life span of rabbits and squirrels very short.  This year and last there haven’t been many hawks lurking so for the first time we have a plethora of furry little creatures scurrying about. 

P1360783

Beth said...

“Wow that's a lot of bunnies! Barley's head might explode if there were that many by us--we saw one over a week ago and she still checks for it every time we walk past that spot. If she had that many bunnies to look for, we might not make it very far down the street :)”

 

P1360981

Oh, we don’t want Barley’s head to explode, so here are some of the many other residents.

Dolly theDoxie said...

“There are so many bunnies on our morning walk I hardly notice them any more. Big ones, now little tiny baby ones. I'm not allowed to chase them any more, mom's figured out she doesn't know which way they'll run. Love Dolly”

Mark at DBDT said...

“That's a lot of rabbits! Chasing them ought to make you a super fit dog.”

P1360982

 
Ah…I’m not allowed to chase.  First, my Human wants to photograph the critters I locate. Second, we live in area designated as a wildlife preserve. 

P1360983

 

Not all of my Blogville friends were driven to attack their computers at the sight of my “neighbors”…

Jenna,Mark Drady said...

“Wook at all those wascally wabbits!!!!
ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Talent Hounds said...

“Such cute bunnies! Have a great day”

JoAnn Stancer said...

“Great animal pictures. Looks like the bunnies are having tons of fun. They don't mind the bird being there at all. Have a great day!”

P1360991

Y’all have a wonderful week!

P1360992

Y’all come back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

18 comments:

  1. We got so many bunnies round here - dey are fun to chase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep we think you are lucky Hawk. I so want to chase some bunnies. Looks like I am not alone LOL. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL thanks for the warning about more bunny and SQ pictures. There has been a bunny hanging in our yard. Silly creature. Believe it or not the brown dawgs still do not break the electric fence to get to it once it flees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have one bunny here. He always lures somewhere when I'm on noon patrol. Then he pops out like a Jack-in-the-box that I'm frozen in shock and disappears... what a mean guy! Can you send me two or three of that rabbits?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hawk, Thanks for the warning. We have tons of bunnies here and I know they are way faster then me, so I don't even bother chasing them.You are looking good though - how's the diet going?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Who knew one post would set off a ton of mischief, Hawk. It is probably best that you put a warning or disclaimer at the beginning of such posts from now on. But how fun to see so many having a merry mischief time!
    *high paws* pal!
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the warning. Mom wouldn't let us look at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are awesome! I was able to calm myself down and prepare before reading this post. The computer fared much better too! Mom and I got a good laugh out of this one :) Have a fun Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much wildlife to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI NEW FUREND,
    It is so very much NICE to meet you. We are now set to Follow you... Butt we pawmise not to be STALKERS... hhehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know if being closer to the ground helps with heat tolerance but Mr. N hardly ever pants on hikes while Sage has her tongue hanging out all the time even with a cooling coat. Of course she also has black fur.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ever heard of the rabbit cycle? And tell your friends to watch out for tularemia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't really know how my dogs would react to seeing a rabbit...we haven't seen one around here for a long time, though we used to years ago. Our beagle Cricket was raised to be a rabbit hunting dog (though she's just a house dog with us) so I can imagine how she'd be though!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  14. BOL at everyone wanting to chase wabbits and squirrels after reading your post!!! hahaha!!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so impressed that you follow the rules and don't chase the critters on the wildlife preserve! You must be a very good dog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a great Rabbit post! My dogs love to chase them too if they see them, they never have caught one yet but doesn't keep them from trying.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Hawk

    I haven't chased a bunny, but that's probably cos I've never seen one, squirrels however, they come into my garden all the time for a little game of chase! :)

    You live in a beautiful area,

    I hope you're having a fun day,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete