Thursday, March 13, 2014

Barkin’ Back!

 

Hi Y’all!

 

 

P1330277

First let me apologize.  I haven’t been able to bark back at y’all much lately.  The Humans have been on the go and when it’s business I don’t get to bark much. 

 

P1330249

I probably won’t get to join the hop today until really, really late, so I hope y’all will forgive me.  If you haven’t joined up be sure to stop by Heart Like a Dog and 2browndawgs

and link up!

P1330264

The banded birds continue to draw lots of attention. About last weeks barks…

Flea said...

“How on earth does that goose put its head under its wing to sleep with that thing on its neck?!? That's not right.
www.dogtreatweb.com

P1320948

The wide neck band does look uncomfortable, doesn’t it?  They are used because they can be read with a telescope or binoculars without recapturing or killing the bird.  Collars and bands are how they track populations of birds, not just geese.  Hunters and spotters report the bands and from that information scientists get information about population movements and life spans as well as other information.

P1330048

If you notice the bird’s neck naturally bends at the point of the top of the collar.

Different colored collars mean different flyways.  If an orange collared bird shows up in the Atlantic flyway you know he/she is from the Canadian portion of the Mississippi flyway.  Blue means the U.S. portion.  White is the Atlantic flyway.

 

About “It’s Happy Fitness Time”

Jenna,Mark Drady said...

“Oh I can't wait to take my pack swimming this year! Koda has and Lexus have never been in the water! mika loves it! I swear she is half fish! Kinda looks like you are to huh Hawk?
Lovin your photo's as always!
ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky

Janet Keefe said...

“Playing in the water is the best, isn't it, Hawk? We look forward to being able to do that again one day, if this snow ever melts!
Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

P1320930

Chessies are bred to retrieve in the cold waters of the Chesapeake Bay.  We love water, but we will retrieve on land too.  I like to carry things, anything. 

About my ‘'Ho Hum Week”

Flea said...

“Hawk, what on earth is hanging out of your mouth?
www.dogtreatweb.com

Christie laverie said...

“Huh? What in the name of...Whaaaa??? Hawk, in the name of the Angel, what is hangin outta your mouth!!!??? MOL! Have a happy Monday!”

haopee said...

“And what do you have in your mouth then?”

P1320783

Uh oh…optical illusion…didn’t notice it myself…it’s my tab lead.  It isn’t in my mouth, it hangs from my collar.  You can see it clearly in the photo below.

P1330285

Yesterday’s post, “BrownDog in Motion” spurred these remarks…

M. K. Clinton said...

“Are you getting some nice springtime weather for a change? I'll bet you love this time of year! Those are fun shots. Bark More, Growl Less Barking from the Bayou!

JoAnn Stancer said...

“What's got you running so fast?”

P1330034

It was a cool cloudy day and my Papa was throwing a ball for me…

P1330250

Tomorrow’s not just fitness, but it’s beautiful as well!

Y’all hurry back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9 comments:

  1. LOL Hawk we thought you'd snuffled something good there only alas to find out it was your tag. Drats! Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky to see so many different birds from many flyways. I am still jealous of your water. We are at 4 this morning and still iced over.

    If you ever want to join the hop and are not around to enter your link, just drop Jodi or me a message and we can enter it for you. You can message us through email, or just leave a comment on a post and we can help out. Or if you get me an email before the hop, I can email you the code and usually you can enter that way. Lots of ways to make things easy. :)

    Have a great day and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hawk, are J and mate nesting anywhere near you this year? That's a nice pic of a cardinal too. Really appreciate the shares of life and color :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We understand about being on the go!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post and thanks for joining the blog hop. And 2 Brown Dawgs beat me to it, we are more than happy to help you out anytime!

    Love that photo of you in the golf cart, at first I thought it was a picture of your shadow. Had to look twice at that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have Northern Cardinals down there too? We have had a pair here all winter. I guess they are very versatile, weather-wise!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cardinals!!! Such pretty birds!!! blue Jays to!
    Thanks for answering my questions Hawk!! Have a pawsome day!

    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hawk I just read about using the neck bands in the last edition of Wildfowl mag. They now are wondering if it is worth the volunteers time to do the banding as it seems people are just out to get the banded ones and stalk them to get them. Sad :(. You are handsome as always and can't wait to see your fitness and beautiful post. I just finished mine up.

    ReplyDelete