Thursday, March 6, 2014

Y’all Have Been Barking a Lot!

 

Hi Y’all!

P1320849

I really enjoyed y’all barkin’ at me this past week…

About last Friday’s “Fitness Fun”…

LetterstoAndrew said...

“Are they training for something, or just out there paddling?”

P1320865

Jenna,Mark Drady said...

“Oh that looks like SO much fun!
looks a wee bit chilly though? BOL!
I'll stick to my motor boat! hehe!
(Husky Hugz))
Have a PAWsome weekend!
frum our pack at love is being owned by a husky”

P1320867

 

In the first picture notice how the scullers are dressed.  In the next two it is early on a February morning…they are wearing jackets. 

These scullers are like the migratory birds, they show up in mid February and disappear at Easter. 

The Humans said with binoculars they can sometimes read school names on the side of some of the sculls.

Like birds, these strange boats and people seem to come for a short period, only to be replaced by different group until finally they are all gone.

If you look on the far right of this next photo, you’ll see the coach in his (BOL) motor boat!

 

P1320866

To Dog With Love said...

“Looks fun, and just a little cold! Did you chase them from the shore, Hawk?!
Your pals,
Diane and Rocco”

Stephen Pelletier said...

“Can you row Hawk? I bet you could with a little practice and paw grips

Stay fit!
-Slimdogg”

 

 

 P1030541

M. K. Clinton said...

“What a fun thing for the humans! Great exercise to try and keep warm. Do you go out in a boat to hunt?”

 P1010063

I’ve never tried to row, since our boat is powered.  (Pictures with me and my boat were from previous season). 

I go out with my Humans to bird watch, or just enjoy the breeze in my ears.  My Humans no longer go hunting.  My hunting is restricted to pointing out birds for my Human to photograph or retrieving Dokkens (dead fowl dummies) or bumpers.

P1230853

Emma said...

“You look kind of sad...did you want to be out on the water in those boats too? Happy FitDog Friday!”

 

P1320803

I’d rather go swimming.  It gets hot out on a boat. 

My Humans don’t want me to chase, so I try not to do it…but once in a while…

About my Sepia Saturday post…

Jenna,Mark Drady said...

“Nice shot! Where ya headed Hawk?
Looks beautiful there!
Have a great weekend and Happy Sepia Saturday!
((husky hugz))”

P1320834

I was headed to my Human who was waiting at the end of the pier with her camera. 

Now on Sunday (black and white) the title “What Do You See?” sparked lots of questions.

P1320735

Jeanne Pursell said...

“OK....who are you hiding Hawk???? Somebody back there??? Happy Sunday! xo Chloe and LadyBug”

Emma said...

“Have you secretly been growing legs?”

Oz theTerrier said...

“I see a dog with 8 legs, Hawk! BOL Do you have a visitor? Who is it?
Happy Sunday,
Oz”

JoAnn Stancer said...

“Who came to visit you on this fine day? I think it might be a little calf? Have a great day.”

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

“Mmm I see another 4 legged. Who is your new friend? Happy Black n White Sunday. Golden Woofs”

Cascadian Nomads Bethany said...

“I see that you've made some kind of new friend, Hawk. Who is it?”

M. K. Clinton said...

“Is it a rabbit trying to hide from you & your buddy?”

Chewy the Golden said...

“Are you discussing territorial borders? I would claim that bush thingy back there”.

Janet Keefe said...

“Hey! Who is that on the other side of you, Hawk?? Can't wait to find out!
Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets”

Saved by Dogs said...

“Have you built a robot dog to play with?”

Tenacious Little Terrier said...

“Did you multiply?”

2browndawgs said...

“Extra legs?”

P1320731

P1320732

 

P1320733

 

Meet Sam, the next door neighbor!

 

P1320733

 

About Mischief Monday “Which Is It?”

Oz theTerrier said...

Well, at least you had some warmer weather, Hawk. It looks like it was a perfect day for a swim. Did you see any geese/ducks yet or are they still hiding from the weather?
Happy Monday, pal.
Oz

P1320857

In the photo below I’m eyeing my admiring audience. 

 

P1320947

Below, my audience…

 

P1320950

 

P1320948

 

Finally about yesterday’s post, “Just Hangin’ Around”

 

Emma said...

“What were you thinking? I almost killed the computer when I saw that squirrel. Holy cow! I sure hope you got him if you were that close! Happy WW!“

Saved by Dogs said...

“Did you chase him far?
Pesky squirrels.”

Nailah Bone said...

“That's a pretty agile little bugger. Did you chase him away? ;)”

 

P1320869

Does this answer your question?  

P1320870

 

Y’all hurry back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9 comments:

  1. There were a lot of questions, that's for sure!

    Have a great weekend!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete

  2. We hope that's Sam's house the squirrel is standing on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam is a handsome friend. And I laughed out loud at the coach in the motor boat, go figure. lol You had a great follow up and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to watch the rowing events on television, but I've never been anywhere that they are training!!

    And I'm super glad that squirrel wasn't too close, they can be super pesky, not to mention destructive.

    Thanks for joining the blog hop! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for answering my questions Hawk!
    It's amazing how squirrels can hang on to even brick walls like that! wow!!! Never seen that before!
    Too funny how the coach is in a motor boat!!! hahahahha!!!!

    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at love is being owned by a husky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great wrap-up! The pictures with Sam are my favorites, you two look like pals already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for joining Barks and Bytes. You sure had a great week. I am a but behind (it was one of those weeks with appointments after work...blah). I will have to check out the squirrel pictures that made Emma almost kill the computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How on earth does that goose put its head under its wing to sleep with that thing on its neck?!? That's not right.
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what fun! I don't see any opportunities to bring Donna on a boat currently,haha! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete