Monday, March 24, 2014

The Truth Will Out…

 

Hi Y’all!

 

P1330702

By now y’all know that Thursday a week past I had to go to the big vet.  By the “big vet” I mean I didn’t go to one of the local vets my Humans take me to for minor stuff. 

20140313_110255

Before they put me in this room with my Humans, the vet tech put me on the scale…the moment of truth had arrived…y’all know I’ve been on diet and increased exercise…

“Papa, do you think I could get out that window before the vet gets in here?”

 

 

20140313_110344

It seems Dr. E moved away after 15 years and I was going to meet the vet who replaced him, Dr. G.

P1320779

 

Seems my Humans and the vet were more concerned with my eye and ear than the scale.  Fortunately it was determined that it was allergy. 

 

P1330731

I have to get eye drops 3 times a day and ointment at bedtime plus ear drops once a day.  I also get my allergy pills and my regular allergy shots.

 

P1320569

The spot on my right eye has grown larger this past year, but it is on the lower lid.  If drops and ointment work and I escape surgery, I’m a happy camper.

 P1320810

So I escaped without any comment about the mean scale. 

My Human unfortunately did not forget, so, the diet continues!  GGGRRRRR…

To make matters worse, I’m 8 years old today…doesn’t that mean I’m an official senior?

 

P1320767

I sure hope my Humans don’t go off lookin’ for a senior diet dog food!!!  What do y’all think?  You think they will?

P1330592

Y’all come back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Let's hope they forget Hawk! Glad to hear you got some meds for your eye and hope you feel better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dang, I hope your eye heals on it's own. You stay fit and trim, even if you are a senior now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Hawk!!!! I am so glad your new vet is helping you with your allergies. I have them too and I hate them. *sigh* I guess at 8 you are now a senior dog. It's not as bad as you think...especially if you are still active...it keeps you feeling young!
    *high paw*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Hawk and we hope you have a lovely day and a break from the D word. Sending healing vibes to your eyes and ears. Get well soon. Thank you for being my guest yesterday and we have your nomination which we will put out in a week or so as we have some others to do first.
    Have a marvellous Monday
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Senior Hawk! You still play like a puppy. I wouldn't worry too much about getting old. You're a handsome boy! I'm glad it's just allergies!
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Hawk. Or you only as young as you feel and I think you still feel like a pup. Glad you don't have to have surgery. Hope you're off the diet soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Hawk. Too bad about the scale...it's tougher for us seniors to stay fit. With summer coming, more exercise is easier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Hawk!!!!!!! I made you something but I do not have your email to send it to you. Maybe you could send me one so I can give you your bday gift? my email is markandjenna01 (at) gmail (dot) com
    Unless you would rather me send it through twitter, just let me know!
    Enjoy your special day!!!!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sure hope the drops and ointment work!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Hawk! You sure don't seem like a senior. You are active and young at heart and that will keep you healthy. I just hope those darn allergies quit bothering you, and your eye and ear get better.
    Don't worry about the food, it will still taste good even if it does end up being diet food! :)
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Hawk (this is a few days late). Darn allergys, sorry you have to go through them. I hope the eye and ear drops fix you right up. You are a senior but you sure don't look or act like it. Hope you have many more years ahead of you! Love ya xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Hawk! Hope all your allergies clear up. Spring allergies are no fun!

    ReplyDelete