Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Little of This and Lots of That

 

Hi Y’all!

 

P1200826

Seems like some days there is just no rest for the weary…the heat just saps all the energy right out of a fellow.  However, since “inquiring minds want to know”, and I promised today I’d tell y’all what I was looking at in the Wordless Wednesday photo…

 

P1200916

 

 

P1200918

 

I’m watching for the birds to start workin’.  You know some of them work much longer hours…like daybreak to nightfall while others, especially those lazy geese, start after sunrise and to bed before sunset. 

 

P1200822

For those of you who missed the Stranger Than Strange post…this goose family has three chicks the same size, one much larger and one very tiny one.  The much larger one has slightly darker down and the tiny one has much more yellow down. 

P1200858

 

Now, on Mischief Monday I showed y’all this picture…

 

P1200898

In the photo below, taken in early April, I am heading out on a retrieve past a decaying tree trunk.  In the above photo the tree trunk is half submerged.  It is the dark object behind me.

P1200009

The next photo shows more water…

P1200899

P1200900

Below is the same path, different view, taken in mid March.

P1190845

P1190339

I’ll answer your questions tomorrow when we wrap up the week joining Heart Like a Dog on the Follow Up Friday blog hop. 

The photo below was taken in early March on the same path.

P1190565

 

Y’all come back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. We love looking at your world Hawk!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawk have fun with your bird TV. We prefer squirrel ourselves. Have a terrific Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep watching the birdies is always a favorite of mine.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn. I also meant to thank you for participating in TNT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have such great photos, Hawk. I love the way the landscape changes with each passing season, don't you?
    *high paws*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hawk! Those geese are beautiful! I have one in my backyard. :)
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I thought the smaller goose might have actually been a mallard chick that got mixed in with the geese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I'm glad you weren't watching a bug. Birds are much for fun for the retriever. Great path photos. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete