Friday, May 31, 2013

Time to Wind Up the Week

 

Hi Y’all!

 

P1210343

Time to get ready for the weekend! by answering your questions!

My Blogville friend Goose asked if I ever got in the hot tub…

 

P1210009

No, Goose, I’ve never gotten in it.  It isn’t like a swimming pool or something. 

P1210013

Sugar asked how come I was inside, if I was waiting for my Humans?

 P1210014

 

Sugar, I’m actually sort of outside.  I’m on the screen porch waiting for my Human to get another cup of coffee and come back and join us.  She and Papa like to have their breakfast on the porch in the mornings. 

 

Sampson and Delilah from Heart Like a Dog had several questions about various posts.

On Follow Up she asked if my Human threw the ball in the tree?

P1200393

 

P1200395

P1200397She didn’t exactly throw it there.  She hides my ball or bumper or whatever toy in various trees and then handles me (directs me) where to find them.

Next question was about snakes being a big problem where we are. 

 

The sulphur around the water line and the house takes care of the snakes.  The biggest problem is these guys:

 

I don’t think these guys are anyplace but the southeastern coastal areas, mostly the deep south. 

Snakes are a problem anyplace.  Even in Canada there are many species of snakes, including various species of rattlesnakes. 

If you want to be safe from snakes move to Maine.  My Human says there are no snakes in Maine. 

Most snakes are more afraid of you than you of it.  Just don’t pick up rocks around streams and creeks when hiking…If you are living in a town or city, snakes are rarely a thought.  I live in very rural areas both here and in the mountains. 

The next question was about Stranger than Strange…

P1200812

The baby goose on the far right is much larger than its siblings.  The one on the far left much smaller.  Usually the babies are all much closer in size. 

Below is another view that clearly shows that the small gosling even has  different down than the others.

P1200818

As for the duck in the background…it is not unusual to see ducks, wading birds and geese all sharing habitat.  They do stay somewhat segregated. 

About Airborne, Oz wants to know what it felt like to fly!

P1210223

WONDERFUL!  Just wish I could stay soar farther and longer!

Sampson, Baird, Dante and Daisy Boo asked if I am part bird. 

Sometimes I wish I was!

Molly the Wally asked how I could refrain from chasing the “tree rat”.  Oz asked how can I allow the “tree rat” to eat from the bird feeders?  Dina Dog asked how my tail cannot be quivering at the sight of the “tree rat”.

P1210279

The brown dawgs say that the squirrels are always after their feeders, but it gives them something to watch. 

I must agree…watch is the key word here.  I’m not allowed to chase anything.  Birds, cats, squirrels, rabbits.  I’m never outside without a Human, so I have no chance to sneak a chase! 

P1210164

 Y’all come back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. You know what? I think sometimes watching is better than chasing.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. That SNAKE is huge and scary. Be safe. Happy Friday. Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, snakes freak me out but crocs/alligators are a deal breaker.
    Dina Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to something called rattlesnake aversion training on Sunday. I'll tell you all about it.

    Otto

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes those snakes and gators. Wow you are so good Hawk I need a daily chase. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, we have never seen a snake!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for answering my questions and for joining the blog hop Hawk, we love your follow up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your FUF.

    We have one poisonous snake here in Michigan, but they are so rare that we don't really worry about them. In fact, I don't know anyone who has seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hawk,

    You did such a great job answering all those questions buddy!

    I hope my Mum doesn't read the bit about the word watch, I'm always having a sneaky Squirrel chase in our garden! :)

    Have a fun day,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great FUF, have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just had coffee and scones on the porch and intervened on the behalf of a cornered almost captured-by-the-cat chipmunk,,ah, the life of being a servant to the kids

    ReplyDelete