Monday, June 13, 2011

Are You Having Problems Commenting?

 

Problems with Blogger Comments

Y’all may have been having some problems commenting. I’ve been having trouble on any blog that has the comments beneath the post on the same page. I have fixed mine to a “pop up” which seems to work.

If you are using Blogger in Draft remove the check. Don’t worry, you can go back after fixing comments. You’ll find the check located just beneath your avatar in the the upper left hand corner.

Then reload blogger dashboard. It will now be the old one.

Click on the Design tab.

Click on the Settings tab.

Click on the Comments tabs.

Change the mark to “pop up”

Save your changes.

Return to Dashboard.

To reinstate Blogger in Draft go to bottom of page under “Tools and Resources”. Click on Blogger in Draft. When the Blogger in Draft page appears, put the check mark back in “make my default”.

Hope this helps. It’s been driving lots of us crazy.

Thank you What Dogs Do (HERE) and Never Say Never Greyhounds (HERE) for giving me a “heads up” about this problem.

We are always available through browndogcbratlive.com

6 comments:

  1. Great tip! I had embedded comments and just changed back to a pop-up. Hopefully that fixes things, if anyone was having trouble commenting. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you i will try this!

    Chewy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You fixed it!

    The only way I could leave comment son your blog before was if I used google chrome instead of internet explorer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to fix your challenge. I had a hiccup in Blogger yesterday and it took me the better part of a day to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippie!! We can comment on your blog again!!!! WOOFHOO!!!

    AROOOOF!
    Boondocks and Kudzu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for spotting the problem on my blog and for the good advice on how to fix it.

    Hope you have a great day. :o)

    ReplyDelete