Friday, February 18, 2011

Funtastic Friday!

 

Hi Y’all,

I was so thrilled with all y’alls Valentine wishes!  It was a great day here and I hope y’all had one just as wonderful!

Wednesday’s pictures of me searching for my toy brought the question from Dog is God in Reverse (HERE) whether my Humans hid my toy.  The short answer is yes.  It is a game we play and here are some pictures of some places they put my bumpers and toys.

My bumpers were hidden on and around the statue.  I was given directions to retrieve them.  It required several trips to get them all. 

In the bushes is a  common place to hide bumpers.  There are so many bushes here at the shore that I have to have direction to find the item. 

Then there is the toy that is hidden while we go for a walk.  I always check that railing, ‘cause Papa puts some of the toys there when we go down the pier.  It’s difficult when Momma puts it in the reeds and weeds ‘cause there are so many of them and they are so thick. 

The other spot toys or bumpers are put is in the trees or on the shrubs. Here is a picture of me retrieving a toy from the tree.  

When they send me for a toy or bumper that is hidden they always give me directions and it doesn’t take long to locate it. 

My Lab bloggie friends out in Colorado (Here) asked if I could track down the squirrel that ate their internet connection.  I don’t have many squirrels and I’m not allowed to chase.  So, if I got the scent I could track it, but if you want it run off, I suggest callin’ on Mogley G. Retriever (Here).  He and his pack train to keep squirrels out of the yard…better yet!  He’s in Colorado too!

Cooper and Lola (HERE) wanted to know if I was “whale watchin’”.  When we get out into the inland waterway I sure am! 

I get questions about “stuff” I do to help my Humans, but mostly my Momma.  The picture of me here is my “guarding”  form.  It was taken a couple of weeks ago when we made a quick run to the mountains to get some more potatoes and apples from the root cellar.  Momma is inside the cellar getting the rest of the apples and the potatoes we’ll take back with us.  You can see the one of the boxes of apples already on the hand cart.  The snow is part of a drift that hadn’t melted.  We rested up one day and then headed back to the shore. 

I’ll go over some more “stuff” in coming blogs. 

Now this last bit is something for a special Golden and his Human (HERE).  One important thing to learn from us pawed ones is how to look at life.  Look at life like a book. When I was a pup, that was one chapter.  I learned and moved on to a teen.  Then my life was changin’ like crazy.  I just kept slammin’ the chapters closed.  Then one day my present Momma came and took me away from everything I’d ever known.  I was only 14 months old.  I missed my pack.  But once more I looked forward to new adventures and closed the book on my old life.  Once you get used to closin’ the chapter, it gets easier.  Look at each phase of life as a new chapter and a new adventure. 

For anyone thinkin’ about getting married, my Human says that a good friend makes the best husband…be friends first, ‘cause then you know it’ll last for a lifetime.  You’ll still have disagreements, but you know you can agree to disagree and get on with life. 

Now that I’ve finished departing my wisdom, it’s time for a nap. 

Hawk aka BrownDog

6 comments:

  1. You are a very wise brown dog Hawk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that sounds like a fun game! Thanks for the answer :)

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd always heard Chessies were old souls. Hawk, you are quite the sage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the squirrel advice. Now I know who to call!

    We hide toys for our dogs indoors but not outdoors. That might be a really fun game for us to start, hiding bumpers on our property and directly the dogs to them. Thanks for the idea. (even in the house, the dogs don't like it when the hidden toy isn't on the ground but is resting on something up high - kinda like your bumper in the tree).

    As for choosing a spouse, I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woof! Woof! LOVE it ... my kind a thing. Happy Weekend. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hawk! I love that you're playing hide 'n seek with your toys OUTSIDE! It must be fun running around searching them out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete